Friday, October 29, 2010

Oh Jerusalem!












If I'm not careful, I'm going to miss our bus this morning. We are headed to the BYU Jerusalem Center on the Mount of Olives for church. We have been swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, visiting an archaelogical dig, spending precious moments at holy sites, and in between it all we have been gabbing and chatting. I'm trying to hit all of my old hang out spots in Jerusalem and even visit a couple of my old friends. Yikes-bus leaves in 10 minutes but since I have the Internet I'll leave you with my pictures and very little explanation. You'll see my family, my sisters, and even some ice creams. The good news: Heidi got her luggage. Bella got her cast-not green, but pink in a last minute decision. I saw my old friend Omar from twenty years ago. Bathrooms were locked and we had to change in the bushes for our swim in the Sea. My sister Laurie forgot to pack her bra after the swim. You might think this is bad news, but since we all laughed so hard, I'm including it as good news.
The bad news: The Quiet Man caught this wasp in our hotel room. And for really bad news, one of my sisters fell in an ancient cave and sliced her ear requiring a trip to the emergency room and a little reconstructive surgery. She's doing great but I don't want to mention which sister until she has a chance to talk to her family. The Van Gogh jokes are already starting.

12 comments:

Tami Harris said...

Oh! Looks like you are having a wonderful time! That is a dream of mine to someday be able to head to that side of the world. Well, on second thought, with wasps that size, maybe I need to reconsider...

Julie Harward said...

Sounds great..thanks for the up date! Sorry about your sisters ear though! I dare you to get all muddy at the Dead Sea! LOL

gigi said...

That is so sad about her ear!
What an awesome time you are having with your family! Enjoyed your great pictures and yall continue to enjoy such a wonderful trip.

Katie and Mark said...

Sad. I had an awful feeling when I read this post. I'm not to the laughing part yet. :(

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

Mary Kate was my visiting teacher. Jealous of your trip! I had a trip planned and paid for to Egypt, Israel, and Jordan but I met a guy and got married instead. The trip was scheduled for a month after we got married so I canceled. It's one trip I surely want to take. Looks like you're having a great time! HI to Mary Kate!

Michal said...

so jealous. your pictures bring back so many memories. especially since heidi is in most of my jerusalem pictures, too. soak it all in. it will be over too soon.

not jealous of the wasp or the terrible ear accident. must be okay now if we're joking about van gogh, but ugh.

Bumpkin Hill said...

that's quite a trip you are having there, gosh I hope your sister is ok with her ear! It's been fun to come across your blog, Catherine x

The JR said...

Sounds like a lot of excitement and fun!

Ryan and Jess said...

What a wonderful trip!! I need some help with your ginger spice cookies. I have made them twice now, and both times they have come out of the oven flat. I mean, really flat!! Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Thank you for all of your wonderful recipes. They are regulars in our home!

Prudy said...

Ryan and Jess,
Add enough flour so they are like a soft play dough, not too sticky. See if that works for you! Sorry about the troubles! When I get home I'll make them again just to troubleshoot.

Luke and Mariah said...

Erin!! I'm so glad I found your blog!!! I love it! And you are seriously my hero! I wanted to tell you the whole time on the tour that you are like a ray of sunshine! Your happy hello always brightened my day. I hope your Egypt sickness has gotten better; it hasn't on our end... no pun intended... ;)
Anyway, I am soooo glad we met you and your wonderful family, and I'm so glad I can keep tabs on you! Hope your loving life with your kids! Take care!

Ryan and Jess said...

Thank you, Thank you! I LOVE the taste, just can't get them to cook up right. (That didn't stop us from eating all of the flat cookies in a 24 hour period. They are very yummy!)