Monday, October 18, 2010

The Ghosts of Cookie Bookie Past

Welcome to Cookie Bookie,
my annual blog event in which I share frightening books and fantastic treats.
Today's cookie bookie features beloved ghosts from the past, lest we forget. Let's look back at some of the favorite tricks and treats featured in Cookie Bookies of yesteryears. Isn't she a beauty? This cinnamon-scented soft pumpkin cookie with rich browned butter frosting makes a charming companion for William Kelly's Witness. (Here's the recipe.) Poolr little schizophrenic cookie features a blend of chocolate and vanilla doughs, studded with colorful Halloween M and Ms, for nibbling with Robert Louis Stevenson's The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Click here for the recipe.
Dark and spooky, this ganache-glazed cookie will keep you satisfied while reading Stephanie Meyer's guilty pleasure, Twilight. It's right here.
C'mon, you know the kids can't resist a good roll-out cookie. These gingerbread pumpkins are sturdy enough for chubby little hands yet yummy enough for kids from one to ninety-two. Thoroughly immerse yourself in the pleasures of the young at heart with Roald Dahl's The Witches. Head on over.
I keep these around when I want to please the masses on the cheap. They're soft and crinkly, chock-full of ginger and molasses flavor and that pleasing chewy texture. And speaking of pleasing the masses, did you know that Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the most common favorite books? Presto-it's here.
Crack open a book and mix up a batch. Sit by the fire and enjoy the shivers while you're safe at home for Cookie Bookie.
Be back tomorrow with more Cookie Bookie
There's only two days left! Send over your friends. Don't forget to become a follower by clicking on the upper right hand link. Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you reviewed the cookie bookies of yesteryears.
I think I need a cookie for breakfast and to stay in bed and read all day. I'm so glad you reminded me of all this. :)

Prudy said...

Thanks, anonymous! I need reminders for myself, too. Good recipes are like old friends and shouldn't be left on the shelf for too long.

Katie and Mark said...

I wa thinking th exact same thing as comment #1! :) I am now craving cookies for breakfast! And cuddling up back in bed with a spooky book sounds pretty great too!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Thanks for sharing Prudy - these are fabulous!

Tightwad Mom said...

You have inspired me Prudy! I whipped up a batch of Monster Cookies this weekend and cracked open a good mystery! I'm going to have to do an extra lap to burn off the cookies I consumed while I was reading my "bookie"!

Tracy said...

Mmmmmm those pumpkin cookies look so good. I wish I had more time in October for cooking/baking!

JJ said...

ginger...molassass...yum! I need to make time to make those!

shotee said...

Consultez votre URL dolabuy ysl cliquez sur les ressources sacs de créateurs de répliques il a dit www.dolabuy.su