Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Split Level Puddings

Welcome, dear readers, to Tuesdays with Dorie. Today's treat is a split level pudding (recipe here). At first it looks boring, sleepy, and cafeteria-esque. But then you take a bite and there's a surprise underneath. It's a chocolate ganache surprise. Wouldn't it be nice if life always had a little chocolate surprise hiding underneath the mundane? Maybe they should put miniature candy bars in the envelopes with your bills, or pass out M and Ms during traffic jams, or sneak truffles into your gym bag. A little bit of chocolate keeps the doctor away and makes the medicine go down and keeps us together, unless I've somehow mixed up my adages. No matter.
In other news, next week is.... our second annual Cookie Bookie Week here on Prudence Pennywise. Which means that every day next week I'll be recommending a spooky book and delicious cookie for your October enjoyment. Be sure to tune in. Until then...
See you Thursday with yummy chicken satay and red curry peanut sauce.

11 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

A chocolate ganache surprise in the pudding?? Perfection!! :)

Hindy said...

Agreed - life needs more happy surprises and more chocolate!

MK and Co. said...

Prudy I made the hot fudge sauce from last week and loved it!! Chocolate really does improve many things. I can't wait for Thursday. The chicken and sauce look so good!

DeltaWhiskey said...

So have you read the Kitchen Witch? It was too cute! I think that's the name... anyhow. Looking forward to your cookies next week!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

What a fun idea to passs out m&ms in a traffic jam...the bills idea however.... :)
Glad this turned out so well!

Catherine said...

I made your hot fudge sauce from your last TWD and we loved it. It was so sweet and delicious. I burned the caramel peanut sauce, but I'm going to try my hand at it again. I can't wait to see all your cookie and book reccomendations, next week.

Valerie said...

This sounds so yummy. And I love the book and cookie idea! Cute!

TeaLady said...

Chocolate makes the world go 'round. You forgot that one. LOL

Pudding looks just right.

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh good! I love cookie bookie week!

The JR said...

Now that is a great surprise to find under the pudding.

Ramona

Susan said...

I love the thought of m&m's handed out in traffic jams. Life does need more chocolate. Your pudding looks great!