Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake: It's All Delicious!

When I was out for my morning jog on the trail today, I passed an unforgettable exerciser. She was a plump, silver-silver haired woman, and from far away I thought she was jogging. There was such a lively spring in her step, her body seemed to bounce up and down, with her full arms swinging rthymically as if she were a Viking assigned to row. As she marched in closer, I could actually hear her. Dressed in a T-shirt with a giant smiling sun, complete with bright blue stretch pants and a fanny pack, she was bobbing up and down, half dancing-half running, but all the while singing. Over and over again she crooned, "It's all deeeelicious, it's all deeeelicious, it's all deeelicious." I smiled to myself, and then at her, and then at the world. Who was this woman? Why was she so happy? Was she some kind of prophetess? A morning revelator with a fanny pack? Good grief-was she me in a few decades? If so, at least I know I'll be happy. And you know something else? She was right. It is all delicious. And here's further proof.
Strawberry Shortcake. Whipped Cream. Sugary Strawberries. Tender, buttery biscuits. Yep, it's all delicious. Make your own. Then go for a walk with your fanny pack and sing about it, if you dare. Recipe here. Estimated Cost: $5.00 for a five serving half batch
P.S. This is a true story.
P.S.S. I can't wait to find out if my delicious friend will be out on the trail tomorrow.
P.S.S.S. Don't you think too many PSs are annoying? Me too.
Up Next: 70s throwback-Canned Pineapple Rings in Dinner and Dessert

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow prudy that is so good!!!!!! I would love to make it...Yum..

Kaylee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Harward said...

Thats funny and the dessert looks so yummy! (Hey, I'm a poet! LOL) Come say hi :D

gigi said...

Cute true story and I love sstrawberries. Blessings on your day ;)

Nickki said...

Your story made me laugh! As soon as I read Fanny pads that was it for me! Thanks for giving me a giggle :-)

p.s your shortcakes look so good!

The JR said...

The past 2 weekends early Sat. and Sun. AM, I've been in town for different reasons. I've pass a rather large lady walking/jogging with her dog. I don't know the lady, but I can tell she has the same wonderful attitude your lady did.

I'm also extremely proud of her effort to get fit.

Cathy said...

Oh, the world would be a better place if there were more sunshiney, bobbing, singing fannypack walker/runner/dancers in the world! I automatically love people who can instinctively appreciate all of the deliciousness in life. Your shortcakes look fabulous -- leave it to you to make them a little extra special with the heart cutters!

P.S. I am so glad that was a true story - it gives me a little extra faith in humanity.
P.S.S. So was your friend on the trail this morning?
P.S.S.S. I can see where too many can be annoying, but when you have numerous completely unrelated points to make, as I often do, they are sometimes necessary

Michal said...

i love it! what a great inspiration, to live life with such zest and without worrying about what people will think of you!:) and i love ps and pps etc.

Chef Aimee said...

Yep, its all deeelicious! What a great story...and a great recipe! :)