Tuesday, August 31, 2010

NYC-there's something about you...

Sometimes when I go on a trip, I forget to take pictures. Especially when I'm travelling with people who have cameras. When I hear the clicks and snaps of photos being taken, I somehow feel that those same pictures will appear on my camera. Or else I say something like, "Oh, be sure to e-mail me those pictures!" That seems to satisfy me and I never think of it again. (I never get the pictures either.) Unless I am writing on my blog and suddenly I remember standing and posing for dozens of pictures and I have nothing to show for it. I blame my own lazy self. Prudy, get your act together. OK, I did snap a few shots. See if you can catch a theme here.














Yep, just food. I guess I'm just a fully initiated food blogger now. I didn't forget to snap the french fries with red pepper mayonnaise, the fried green tomatoes with fresh ricotta, or the buttery steak with provolone cheese sauce. I just forgot to snap a picture of Times Square and the Hearst Tower and Central Park and of my little sisters walking down 5th Avenue. I also forgot to snap a picture of me winning $5000 at the Good Housekeeping Cook your Heart Cook Off. (Don't worry-my sister snapped a few. Plus it's all going to be on TV in October.) All of the recipes looked and sounded utterly fantastic, including the Tropical Shrimp Ceviche that took the $125,000 grand prize. I won the Ethnics Food Category with my North African Grilled Chicken Foldovers. Suprise, suprise; I didn't get a picture. You'll have to use your imagination. This Tuesday morning, I feel nothing but completely blissful. I spent the weekend in NYC with two of my sisters, ate like a Queen, saw many of my favorite cooking contest friends (and made some new favorites), saw a fantastic show on Broadway, visited my favorite paintings at the MOMA, got to hang out at the gorgeous Good Housekeeping offices, and to top it off, I won $5000. Not bad for a weekend of pleasure and leisure. Deeply contented sigh to follow.
Oh, and I did remember to take one more picture. Here I am back at home, eating NYC bagels with my crew in our I heart NYC T-shirts. Thank goodness there was food involved, or I may not have remebered to snap a photo at all.
Be back tomorrow with some buzz about an innovative new cookbook.
PS The next time I go to NYC, I'm inviting Mom, Laurie, Lisa, Leslie, Michelle, Sung Jin, Rosie and Catherine. Heidi and Mary Kate can come back, too. And Dad-he's used to being around a ton of girls.

18 comments:

The JR said...

Everything looks delicious. Sounds like fun, fun, fun!

MK and Co. said...

Thanks for being so amazing and talented Prudy otherwise your little sister would not have been able to tag along on this fantastic trip. I had the best time! Sisters are really the nicest things. Your family looks so cute in their "I heart NYC" shirts. Thanks again Prudy and congratulations on this well deserved win! And wow that picture of my steak looks so good that I wish i would have tried to take one home with me!

FoodontheTable said...

This looks like so much fun (and soooo delicious). What a great trip.

Priscilla Yee said...

Hi Erin,

Congratulations again on your well-deserved win. I am a regular reader of your fun Blog, and getting to chat with you was one of the highlights of the Cook-Off. I look forward to reading more about you and your family's adventures and maybe meeting up again someday.

Julie Harward said...

I love NYC and the food..loved those cup cakes! You have a beautiful family! :D

Shelley said...

Prudy,
Congratulations from all of the Pattersons in NY! We're so happy for you!

gigi said...

Awe... congratulations to you!!! So happy you had such a fantastic trip and WOW too :) Such great pictures and what a great looking family!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Food looks more than AMAZING!

Denise said...

ummm.....I didn't see my name on the "sisters" list. Please can't you adopt me in??!! I love your family!!

Seth and Julie said...

Congrats! I am so exctied that you won. I can't wait to get my hands on that recipe.

I need to find a way to get my sisters all out to NY. How fun! I wish you'd taken pics of the three of you living it up, but I must say I am also loving that you opted to photograph the food instead. A girl after my own heart, for sure!

Adorable family picture, by the way!

Leslie said...

Maybe you should become a food photographer too.
Everything looks so delicious and beautiful, especially the dessert.
I'm so glad you won. I knew you would place and come home with something. You always do.
I wish I could have come along with you and Mary Kate and Heidi, but I have to be a good sister and let all the other sisters have their turn.
It made me think of our trip to New York and how much fun we had a walking around seeing shows eating pizza and freezing to death on the open bus. I can hardly believe the first trip to New York with you and Heidi was 10 years ago!
Well, congratulations again. All of us here are excited for you and cheering you on.
And Mallory wants to know if she can sneak in as a sister too when you take everyone to New York.

Leslie said...

I have come back 3 times today just to look at that dessert case and to look at your beautiful, happy family!

Prudy said...

MK-Your steak was honestly the best of my life time. I hope we can go back soon and get another. Can you come down for Labor Day?

Prudy said...

Priscilla,
I'm so glad I finally got to meet you. I've been admiring your recipes for years. Your recipe looked amazing! I hope we meet up again soon. Best to you and Kurt!

Prudy said...

Denise, You're in. I'm drawing up the papers now.

Prudy said...

Julie,
You do need a trip to NYC with your sisters. I think we need a cousins trip. I'm adding your gang to my fantasy list for my pretend NYC trip.

Prudy said...

Aw, Les. I thought about you all weekend. Next time you are coming. Period. Exclamation Point. Question Mark? No-no question mark. You are coming. And that's final. (Period. Again.)
PS Mall and Holl are coming too.

Unknown said...

For a more ed hardy subtle and elegant ed hardy shoes look, consider a form ed hardy clothing fitting easy to slip in ed hardy clothes and out of floor ed hardy store length dress or skirt. They ed hardy Bikini are available in bright patterns, many ed hardy swimsuits chic designs, and ed hardy Caps an array of colors buy ed hardy or one solid and dignified color. They ed hardy swimwear are comfortable and flow freely allowing ed hardy sale for more room to move and even ed hardy glasses dance.If you are looking for a comfortable cheap ed hardy and fashionable maternity blouse, there Christian audigier are blouses of every variety that are both stylish and comfy.