Monday, May 17, 2010

Little Old Prudy Who Lived in a Shoe

I am home after my week of babysitting seven kids. Two were mine, the other five were my little sister's. I am a tired, frazzled survivor. I missed my husband. I missed my kitchen. I missed my blog, my telephone, my camera, my books, my readers, my sleep, my sanity. But now that I've been home for three minutes, I miss those five extra kids. I didn't get a chance to stop and really enjoy them, because I had so many children I didn't know what to do. I didn't give them any broth without bread, but I did give them McDonald's twice. And I didn't spank them all soundly, but I did send them to bed after a bowl of ice cream with Magic Shell every night. And now that I'm back to being just an Aunt, instead of Little Old Woman in the Shoe-Large and In Charge Babysitter, I'd like to see those kiddos again. I miss you Annaliese, Adam, Bella Kate, Jacob (maybe especially you Jacob-you naughty little cowboy) and baby Davy.
Just as soon as I get the suitcases unloaded, write two reference letters for two students, make a batch of something sweet, pick the garden peas, take a shower, rewrite my syllabus, and help the charges practice piano and violin, I'll be back to write a real post with a real recipe. See you then.

13 comments:

gigi said...

Congratulations on your survival! Sounded fun.

Julie Harward said...

What a good sis you are! Get rested up! Come say hi :D

Catherine said...

I'm glad you survived. Too bad, you won't have time to rest and recuperate.

We tried calling a couple of times on Say's birthday. We were sorry we missed her. I'm sure she had a great day.

Prudy said...

Catte:
I didn't know it at the time, but Mary's ringer was off. I think I must have given it to Davy? Anyway, it's probably just as well because I don't think I could have handled answering the phone. I had to really concentrate on what I was doing to keep everyone happy, safe, fed and clothed in clean clothes. I'll tell Say you called. She is just finishing up her project that you gave her. She has been working hard all week and she has absolutely loved it. She's going to buy another one when she finishes. As usual, you give the best gifts.

The JR said...

LOL....you've been running wide open!

myletterstoemily said...

gigi sent me over here, and i can see
why. it's a darling place, shoe and
all!

Prudy said...

hi Aunt Erin we miss you and love come back and babysit soon! see you there!
love telles kids!
p.s.me Annaliese wrote this

Michal said...

Based on Annaliese's comment, it looks like you are still logged in at MaryKate's house:) Glad you made it-- and still love those nieces and nephews. You have so much of your mom in you:)

It's true sometimes that the crazy everyday stuff can stop a mom (and especially a mom to many) from having time to enjoy their little treasures. It is a constant challenge. Thanks for your example in my life as one who finds so much joy in kids and in the things that bring kids joy.

Adrienne said...

A good reason why God gives them to us one at a time (usually).

That nursery rhyme always disturbs my kids, so I change it to "kiss them all soundly"...

So between you and me it runs "She gave them some chocolate and frozen iced cream, and kissed them all soundly and sent them to dream."

Eh, it's not a classic, and maybe not any healthier, but more fun!

teaunenoa said...

replica bags near me 7a replica bags replica bags bangkok

tesashesh said...

Ce site dolabuy ysl j'y ai pensé www.dolabuy.ru redirectez-vous ici www.dolabuy.su

neadiez said...

find more info have a peek at this web-site you could try this out Dolabuy Louis Vuitton linked here Dolabuy Bottega Veneta

thehoth said...

c4p81l1r88 c3f65m9n74 k0w02a8w32 a4j62m0v87 n4v45z9i91 e1m28j9h38