Sunday, June 8, 2008

Father's Day Menu and Shopping List

We're a week away from Father's Day and here at Prudence Pennywise, I've got your back. We're having a delectable dad-pleasing menu of grilled steak with a melting thyme butter, basil pasta, cheesy bread, and berry tart. Print out a copy of the grocery list and get ready to follow along as we make all of the recipes this week. Your man is going to be drooling.
Here's what's coming...
Father's Day Menu

Olives

Spicy Honey Pecans

Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Thyme-Horseradish Compote

Ina Garten's Pasta, Pesto and Peas

Tomato and Red Onion Salad

Parmesan Thyme Bread
Miniature Berry Tarts

Shopping List:
refrigerated pie crust-if you don't like to make from scratch
Ribeye Steaks, or other preferred cut
thyme
prepared horseradish
baguette
parmesan
prepared pesto
farfalle pasta, or other small shape
olives
pecans
frozen spinach
frozen peas
garlic
slicing tomatoes
red onion
lemon
berries-your choice (I used a combo of strawberries, blueberries and black berries)
Jam (in a compatible flavor with the berries)
whipped cream or creme fraiche or vanilla yogurt
Have on hand:
Mayonnaise, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, butter, sugar, flour, eggs, cayenne, honey, salt and pepper
Coming Tomorrow:
Spicy Honey Pecans-A Father's Day Appetizer

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prudy,
that steak looks so good! I think my husband would love that for Father's Day! I can't wait to see pictures of all your other Father's Day fare!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Looking forward to see the recipes! Definitely looks like a man's type of menu.

Sophie said...

the father's day menu idea is genius :D...my hubby's not a dad yet, but his birthday happens to fall the day after, so I might just use one of these recipes to make him a nice dinner on his special day :D

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Count me in!
ps...I still love the music. H

Marie Rayner said...

I love that picture of the little girl and her papa, takes me back to my childhood. I am loving the steak too. It looks perfect! By the way I think your music is all a part of your charm!!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Oh Prudy you got me scared! When I saw the father's day picture I thought I had missed it, good to know it's only next week.
I have an "adoptive" dad in the US, too bad I can't cook for him, but your ideas are delicious!