Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Submission

Good morning, fellow patriots.
I hope you are recovering from a fun and firecrackly, food filled holiday. Oh, the feast we had! Even my bathing suit is starting to feel tight- I thought these modern contraptions were supposed to stretch. Oh, to be a child again and be able to have a mile high stack of pancakes right before you jump into your swimsuit.
Notice the lack of inhibition when a small charge does this....

And this...

And this
And if there is any extra time, there is always this...
Why do I have the feeling that we're just about to fall headlong into the lazy days of summer? Be careful, young feller.
Excuse me while I eat seven pancakes and join in the feckless revelry.
I think I'll pretend I'm seven again and really enjoy my summer.

I think I'll enjoy it even more knowing I'm the one with the camera. No photographic evidence will ensue. Phew. Pass the pancakes.

Be back tomorrow with ...Katherine Hepburn Brownies

12 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Great pictures! And that is one beautiful pool!

The Blonde Duck said...

I want seven pancakes. We had Mexican food and went swimming and let me tell you, those three tacos had me sinking to the bottom!

Is Grandma back there in a skirted suit? Too cute!

Marjie said...

Yes. Enjoy the pancakes. You're only an adult 7 once (maybe). And life's too short for 4th of July diets. That's what the 5th of July is for.

gigi said...

Fantastic pool pictures! Those little ones sure have some great diving talents :) You are right, oh to be 7 again and have a fun filled summer.
Look forward to the brownies.

Catherine said...

Oh I wish we could have been there. And I wish I could give into Summer, too! We're all but ignoring Summer here. There's always next year. =D

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Stacy Hoover said...

WOW are those some gorgeous pancakes!!! (and the kids and the pool aren't bad either - he he). Thanks for sharing!!!

PS.) Don't you just hate when they interview super skinny swim suit models and they all say "whew, I just got done eating 4 pancakes, 2 double cheeseburgers, a pile of fries and a couple of sundaes, and the amazing thing, I don't work out" - UGH I hate them!!! he he he.

Cathy said...

Love the pancakes, and LOVE the pics of the kiddies having fun in the pool! It really makes me feel like a kid again to watch mine enjoying the summer so much. Not so much like a kid that I want to don a swimsuit after eating a stack of pancakes, but close.

Aggie said...

Oh to be a kid again...I hung out with my 12 and 13 year old nieces recently and felt like I was young again playing with them in the pool!

Love your fun pictures!

Olivia said...

I just discovered your blog and love it. Is this your pool in the pictures? It's absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Micheal Jackson said...

Wifi Hire provides a stress-free solution for office temporary internet
needs. I recently rented their equipment for a training session, and the setup was quick, and the connection was stable throughout. Choose Wifi Hire for your temporary internet requirements.

Farhan Ali said...

Make your wedding day in Ottawa wedding officiant truly special with Merry Fairy Wedding Officiant. Their team of dedicated officiants works closely with you to create a ceremony that reflects your unique love story and personalities.