Friday, June 20, 2008

Leftover Remodel: North African Whole Wheat Chicken Wraps

Maybe I'm lazy. Whenever I cook, I'm always trying to think ahead so I can get out of work. I like to think of meat, or grains, or grilled veggies as "anchor"dishes; by cooking a little extra I can navigate another meal with very little work. Sometimes I'm overprotective with leftovers because I've got a plan, and other times I haphazardly throw together a pinch of this and bit of that from the fridge. Either way, a wrap is an ideal way to cleverly remake your fridge odds and ends and save yourself some kitchen work. Scroll down and you'll find a delicious 2o minute North African chicken dinner and some 5 minute cumin scented hummus that we've been enjoying. Today, we're going to rework all of these leftovers into a whole wheat tortilla wrap. A little bit of meat and a handful of veggies can stretch a long way to feed a family "wrap" style. Simply lay out your tortilla, spread it with hummus and yogurt feta sauce and pile it high with whatever you've still got. I made my wrap meatless with a double thick layer of hummus. But you do it your way-if you've got some extra grilled veggies, or leftover sauces or meats or grains-toss them in! If you don't have North African spiced chicken, consider tossing some paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and a pinch of cinnamon with any meat.
North African Chicken Wraps
Estimated Cost: $4.00-even less if it's all leftovers...
Hummus
Leftover Yogurt Feta Sauce
Leftover North African Chicken
spinach or arugula leaves
Whole wheat tortillas
Spread and layer all ingredients over a whole wheat tortilla. Roll up burrito style and serve.
Another Leftover Bonus:
My mother serves her leftover North African Spiced chicken with buttered bow tie pasta, feta cheese, and basil.
Coming Tomorrow:
Moroccan Zucchini, Yellow Pepper and Chickpeas with Crusty Bread

6 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Wraps are my favourite - these look delicious - Im all for recipes which use up leftovers of last nights dinner!

Anonymous said...

Leftover Bonus! Thankyou Prudy! I love revamped leftovers! I can't wait to get to the store and make all these leftovers! Haha!

tartasacher said...

Hola Prudy, aunque tu blog está en inglés, veo que hablas perfecto español y por eso me dirijo a ti en mi idioma. Muchas gracias y ya tengo una nueva amiga. Un beso muy fuerte. Es bonito saber que te van conociendo y visitando de sitios tan diferentes. Gracis

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I so know what you mean about beeing protective abot leftovers! I love a good wrap!

Emily said...

Wow, I'm really behind on my reading. Everything looks wonderful...the spicy chicken, the chips, hummus, the peppermint pastries...
Then these wraps. Yum!

Ali said...

Hi! I love your website. I am so excited to try all these new recipes. I would LOVE to have the recipe for the chicken, but the link didn't work. Thanks!