Sunday, June 15, 2008

Food and Furthermore VI

Forgive the unusual layout today-I can't seem to make my pictures stay in the right places....
This weekend marks the beginning of our super colossal Family Reunion. My parents, the progenitors of our tremendously huge group, live right across the street from me. They've got a leviathan house with a resort quality backyard, and I've got a medium-ish house (with an un resort-ish dead grass backyard), and there are some lovely vacation condos up the road. That's how we're squeezing in 10 of my siblings and spouses, 40 plus nieces and nephew(lost count long ago), and about 20 more Great nieces and nephews (Is that what they are called? The children of my sibling's children???? Anyone?) I have no claim to superior math skills, but there are about 80 of us here. Of course, we've picked up some friends and inlaws along the way that we claim as blood family, too.

We will sleep too little, eat too much, and talk through it all.



We've got daily theme parties planned, but so far we've only made it through the Surf Party/Birthday Party.
Check out the cupcakes my sister made. I piped the candy surfboards from vanilla candy melts, available at most craft stores. Many more parties to come for next week....





Furthermore.....I'm passing on the "E for Excellent" blog award to 10 of my favorite reads. You know I really love them because it's 4:30 AM and I'm willing to go through the tedious linking process. Go forth and read!








Food Blogs
Furthermore Blogs




Coming Tomorrow: A Paradise Bakery Knock-Off
Baby Greens with Cranberry, Blue Cheese, and Sunflower Seeds
with Creamy Red Wine Dressing

9 comments:

Michal said...

shucks, prudy! i'm touched.
wish i could be at the reunion with you guys. i adore your family--and you have always known how to throw a great party. have a great week! i've got to get back to your pecan sticky buns i'm slaving over this morning!:)

Honeyed Hashette said...

Aww, geez, I'm blushing!
Thanks Prudy!
You're great! I gave you props for nominating me on your blog.
So glad you have yours to stop by.

Anonymous said...

Prudy,
I'm so impressed that you posted that after last night's party! My group is zonked. They slept in until 9 and now they are napping already! All your pictures turned out so cute! And I can't wait to check out the blogs, you passed your award on to.

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Well Miss Prudy,
You sure know how to throw a party. The kids loved their candy surfboards--some kids just went around picking those off the cupcakes! You and Shane look like a magazine photo for a 'good life'. Thanks for all your help and for all the fun. Keep on bloggin'! H

Anne said...

Thanks girl! :) So sweet. I hope you have a great reunion- sounds like so much fun!

Julie said...

Oh Prudy, you're the best! I'll have to throw that award up on my blog pronto! I'm so sad I'm missing out on the reunion of the year! We're now blog related, so next time count me in!!

Heather B said...

awww! Thank you so much for the award! You are the sweetest! I'll put it up as soon as I'm home!

Sharon said...

Prudy, Thanks so much! It's always an honor to get a shout out from a fellow blogger who's as talented as you!

Your reunion looks like a ton of fun! Such cute pics as well :)

Jana said...

Wow! What an honor! Thank you so much (seriously!). I've never been nominated, my less "won" anything in my life. You made my day, my week, my month.