Friday, May 2, 2008

Pico Guacamole

Please don't call this "Pico" guacamole if you ever go to Santiago, Chile. You'll be saying a very naughty word, and you might get your mouth washed out with jabon. The truth is, I don't really know what it means in that context. But I did see little ninos get spankings for saying it, so I'm just warning you. Since you are here in the U.S. you can safely call it Pico Guacamole. Watch me. Pico. Pico. Pico, Pico, Pico. See. Nothing happened.

Incidentally, the pico I know refers to "Pico de Gallo," which means either chicken scratch OR fresh chunky salsa. Don't worry, there won't be any naughty words or chicken scratch in your Pico Guac. Just big bites of luscious tomato, onion, garlic, spicy peppers, and cooling cilantro, suspended in rich, buttery avocado. Hopefully your market has avocados on sale for $1 each to celebrate Cinco De Mayo. If not, Pico Guacamole is still worth every peso.


Pico Guacamole:
Estimated Cost: $1.50
Note: You might want to double or triple this recipe. Only make as much as you will eat in one setting. It won't be a pretty shade of green tomorrow.

1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup tomato, diced
1 tablespoon minced white or red onion
1 teaspoon minced hot pepper
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
squeeze of fresh lime
salt and pepper, to taste

In a small bowl, combine ingredients with a fork, mashing slightly. Serve within two hours.


7 comments:

The Gute's said...

Pico, pico, pico! Can't wait to make pico guacomole tommorow, and all of your other delicious quinto recipes! Keep em comin' Prudy!

Mary Kate said...

Oh, rats! I neglected to get avacadoes at the market yesterday! I was just going to skip this wonderful guacamole but your beautiful picture convinced me that I would making a huge mistake...."To market, to market...."

Babs Renouf said...

Dear fans, I have dined at Prudence's table many times. I never cease to be amazed at her graciousness as a hostess nor at her skills as a culinary artist. We are looking forward to a Mexican Fiest a'la Pennywise style. O'le ......Babs

Michal said...

i am licking my lips and willing my avocados to ripen faster. i may have to celebrate quatro de mayo as well!

ElizabethandJeff said...

DH lived in Santiago, Chile for two years. I'll have to ask him

Randy or Jen said...

This recipe rocks! I don't like guacamole (but I love avacados) and this recipe was/is SO good!!!

good said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色