Monday, May 12, 2008

Food and Furthermore: II

First of all, Happy Day After Mother's Day to all. Hopefully, there will be no dishes in the sink to serve as a reminder of yesterday's festivities. With the exception of a popcorn bowl, my kitchen is clean. (Nice work, dear.) Here are some other reasons that I had a wonderful Mother's Day: Two little charges that didn't bicker, banter, squabble, dare, bet or argue for 24 hours. (Although they did "jinx" each other about 7,483 times; I can't quite cure them of that.)Big Stuff (my Dad) and the Quiet Man (my husband) made all the meals AND did all the dishes (except for that popcorn bowl I told you about).

My mom, recovering from foot surgery in a wheel chair, and I twiddled our thumbs and did whatever else we wanted to do, like pose for awkward pictures and ask for second helpings of grilled chicken.



I got this.

And that.I'm a happy mom.
Furthermore, my sister (Little H, sister #7) came to visit for the whole week. I got to play with her chubby pink baby all week. Ain't she sweet?

My two little charges played with their cousins all day long. Their favorite activity? Dressing as twins. They could almost get away with it, too. Especially the cuckoo boys.

And furthermore.....

I received another blogging award from the recipe girl. Hooray and thanks! You'll love her blog. She's got an enormous compilation of mouth-watering recipes with beautiful pics that'll make you want to lick the computer screen.


I don't even have to dust it! But I do need to pass it on. I'm going to do that. This week. It's a good thing I'm not in a relay race. I always hang on to the baton for too long.

Still Furthermore....In the meantime, from recipe girl's extensive collection, I got this yummy banana brown sugar muffin recipe. I made a half batch and baked it in a mini muffin tin. (Estimated Cost $1.50)

Some of the muffins I topped with brown sugar and almonds, others got miniature chocolate chips, but the very best ones got a frozen raspberry and a sprinkling of course sugar. Ohhhh, they were good.


Coming Tomorrow:Cranberry Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prudy,
I loved all the pics and hearing about your family. I'm glad you had a happy Mother's Day!

Michal said...

thanks for the pictures. i miss you and can't wait to see your "charges" this summer. looks like a great time was had by all. gotta go try those muffins.

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Prudy dear, the kids look almost as delicious as the food. Thanks for the good fun and even better food. I loved the muffins, they matched my muffin top :)...H

Camilla said...

Prudy,

Ilove all the pics! You look gorgeous and so happy, and your children (and little baby niece and nephews) are so sweet (your daughter looks so much like you).

Happy Belated Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed those pictures. Are those Heidi and Mikey's? They look so precious, and that tounge on the boy is wonderful! Your kids are cute, but the cousins- I mean they would make their parents sooo proud, and maybe they do, or so I have heard:)